Peter & Sarah Sholl
Peter and Sarah Sholl (with Karina, Lucy and Miriam) moved to Monterrey, Mexico in February 2009 and Peter took over as the Director of MOCLAM in November, 2010.
Peter and Sarah are both graduates of Moore College. Peter completed a Bachelor of Divinity and led a church plant in the inner-western suburbs of Sydney, which then became St Matthew’s Ashbury. Peter served as the rector of St Matthew’s for 6 years, during which he studied a Master of Arts at Moore College, and made regular trips to Kenya and South Africa to teach the Moore College Correspondence courses to groups of pastors. This led Sarah and Peter to think carefully about world-wide mission, and with the support of CMS they are now enjoying living and serving in Latin America.
As well as teaching MOCLAM and organising courses, Peter blogs, writes the odd article for Matthias Media and La Coalición Por El Evangelio (The Spanish language site of The Gospel Coalition) and tries to run a marathon each year.
Adrian & Anita Lovell
Adrian and Anita Lovell have been living and working with MOCLAM in Cochabamba Bolivia since 2011.
Having both completed a Bachelor of Divinity at Moore College in Sydney, Adrian and Anita are enjoying the challenge of teaching the Bible in Spanish. With a background in IT, Adrian looks after the back-end systems required to manage a distance education institution. Anita is using her business training to help with the administration of the courses and related matters.
Grahame & Patty Scarratt
Grahame & Patty Scarratt administered the MOCLAM courses until 2010, when Peter Sholl took over as Director. In December 2005 they set up the non-profit publishing company Torrentes de Vida and in 2006 the Life Change through Christ Trust to raise money, in the main, for the publishing of the books that accompany the MOCLAM courses.
They have worked in Latin America since 1980 and continued to return to that continent for 3-4 months each year until 2010, promoting the courses, presenting seminars on Biblical Theology and promoting books. They are now based in Kiama, New South Wales, Australia, working in various aspects of MOCLAM in the Spanish speaking world and on the preparation of materials for publication in Spanish.
What We Believe
We believe in the central truths of Christianity as revealed in Scripture and expressed in the doctrinal statement of the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES):
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and entire trustworthiness of Holy Scripture, as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of all men since the fall, rendering them subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty, dominion and pollution of sin, solely through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and his ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one holy universal Church which is the body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.